Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Week 8 Online Applications & Tools

I had a good look at "Google Docs & Spreadsheets" and was quite impressed. Obviously many people are using this web based tool for business, personal and work purposes. Multiple people can view and edit once signed in (I like the idea that you know who is editing unlike wikis). You can access documents from any computer, edit from anywhere .

Online storage and auto-save mean you don't have to worry about hard drive failures and power outages but you can also save files to your own computer if desired. You can publish as a web page online with just a click (don't have to learn something new) or post it to your blog (I'll try this when I get the time).

I also checked out LibraryThing. Again this seems like a great tool for people who own a lot of books (free cataloging service) or just love to read (share their books, check out people with similar tastes).

I'll check out a few other "tools" when I get the chance.

No comments: